Please send CV and covering letter to Sophie Lake email@example.com
The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best holiday homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single home on the planet, and accepting only the top 1%.
We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test: a gruelling hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We launched 18 months ago in London. Since, we have grown at 20% month on month, vetted over 80,000 homes and on track to reach over £10m in annualised sales! We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe (TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes), Errol Damlin (Founder of Wonga) Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more.
We are currently closing our Series A round of funding. The objective of the round is to take Plum global. And the first city we are opening, is Paris.
Making Paris work is Plum’s most important mission in the next 12 months, and this person will be the guardian of our collection in Paris.
What does success look like? You will have hit the ball out of the park if after 12 months you have:
1. Onboarded Paris’ (undeniably) best 1,000 homes.
2. Merchandised the homes on our website beautifully (photography, copy, design) driving high booking rates.
3. Achieved a Paris NPS score (guest satisfaction score) in the top 1% of the travel industry.
What you’ll be up to
This is a highly entrepreneurial role that will quickly evolve and morph as the business develops. However, to bring it to life, here is what you can expect to be doing:
1. Recruit our Community of Curators in Paris: find, interview and hire our Home Critics (testers), Photographers and Stylists. These freelancers will report to you.
2. Train the Community of Curators to deliver world class work.
3. Oversee the production of the listings (photos, descriptions, area recommendations) and be the final check for quality control.
4. Be the guardian of quality for our Paris collection: ultimately deciding what passes and fails the Plum Guide test.
5. Obsess over hitting the daily, weekly, and monthly targets for new homes.
6. Communicate our expectations and standards to every host who joins the collection and inspire them to deliver exceptional hospitality.
7. Deliver feedback to hosts after guest stays to help improve their service. Also decide which homes to re-test or remove from the collection.
8. Cultivate the community of hosts in Paris, making Plum their favourite platform. Do so through creative communication, events and meet-ups.
9. Continuously innovate our process: use guest and host feedback to generate new and better ways of doing things. Implement these new ways and work with the London team to roll them out globally.
Who we are looking for
You don’t need to have prior experience in hospitality, design or curation. The important thing is that you are:
• An incredible people’s person: amazing at persuading and inspiring. You are super likable, enjoy getting to know people and are great at building relationships.
• A taste maker: Obsessive about design, style, photography and copy. You have a great eye and plenty of confidence in your creative vision.
• A sharp eye for detail: you notice the small things. A sub-standard photo or badly written copy, would never get past your inspection.
• You have a really good instinctive understanding of what makes good service and hospitality.
• You have unreasonably high standards for what is good enough.
• An extremely effective communicator (oral and written): able to be persuasive when selling and firm when outlining and enforcing our quality standards.
• Super entrepreneurial: You care about getting shit done. And when obstacles inevitably get in the way, you know how to hustle.
• A confident self-learner: confident at teaching yourself to do things you have never done before on a daily basis.
• A native Parisian (or close to it), with intimate knowledge of the city.
• Fluent in English.
• A sophisticated taste in design, interiors, food and cultural experiences.
• A foundational understanding of brands is a plus.
• An unparalleled opportunity to become a start-up expert: You will learn how a start-up opens a city, pulls together plans, hires creatives, executes, and builds digital products.
• If you make your objectives happen, you will inevitably be one of the most sought out talents in the start-up, creative and hospitality industry.
• Genuine influence and autonomy to build The Plum Guide in Paris: you will be able to bring to life your creative vision for our collection in Paris.
• Be one of the earliest team members of what we believe will be one of the most famous start-ups of the next 10 years.
• Be part of a passionate, friendly and transparent culture.
• Plenty of opportunities to grow into new roles.
• Competitive salary and options scheme: our ambitions are huge and we hope it pays out for all.