Please email your CV and covering letter to Sophie Lake email@example.com
The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best holiday homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single home on the planet, and accepting only the top 1%.
We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test: a gruelling hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We launched 18 months ago in London. Since, we have grown at 20% month on month, vetted over 80,000 homes and on track to reach over £10m in annualised sales! We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe (TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes), Errol Damlin (Founder of Wonga) Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more.
We are currently closing our Series A round of funding. The objective of the round is to take Plum global. And the first city we are opening, is Paris.
Making Paris work is Plum’s most important mission in the next 12 months, and this person will have the crucial role of finding the best homes in the city.
What does success look like? You will have hit the ball out of the park if after 12 months you have:
1. Signed up Paris’ (undeniably) best 1,000 homes.
2. Have done so with-in budget.
3. Achieved a Paris NPS score (guest satisfaction score) in the top 1% of the travel industry (i.e. you have selected homes that deliver exceptional experiences).
4. Innovated our host acquisition process.
What you’ll be up to
This is a highly entrepreneurial role that will quickly evolve and morph as the business develops. However, to bring it to life, here is what you can expect to be doing:
1. Localise the proposition: interview Parisian hosts to learn how best to sell the Plum proposition in Paris. Use this insight to localise the offer, pitch and marketing materials.
2. Produce a marketing and sales plan to ensure you hit your host growth targets.
3. Recruit 1000+ homes: Find, vet and contact hosts, to sell the Plum concept, educate them about our standards, and convince them to apply to the collection. These hosts will come in 3 different flavours that will require very different sales techniques:
1. Independent hosts
2. Management companies
3. Global property managers
4. Manage the sales pipeline and obsess over hitting the daily, weekly, and monthly targets.
5. Be the guardian of quality for our Paris collection - only letting in the best.
6. Work closely with our community of curators (home critics, photographers and stylists) to schedule tests and photoshoots.
7. Invent new ways of marketing to hosts through social media, real estate companies, interior designers, etc.
8. Continuously innovate our process: use guest and host feedback to generate new and better ways of doing things. Implement these new ways and work with the London team to roll them out globally.
Who we are looking for
You don’t need to have prior experience in hospitality or city roll-outs. The important thing is that you are:
• An incredible sales person: Unbelievably persuasive, you are great at convincing both face to face and in writing. You find it easy to flex your style to different situations and people.
• Scarily ambitious and with an unreasonably high standard for what is good enough.
• Target driven and intensely commercial.
• High energy with an infectious enthusiasm.
• Super entrepreneurial: You care about getting shit done. And when obstacles inevitably get in the way, you know how to hustle.
• A confident self-learner: confident at teaching yourself to do things you have never done before on a daily basis.
• A natural people’s person - you love getting to know people and understanding their needs.
• A clear communicator.
• Passionate about hospitality and creating amazing experiences for guests.
• A native Parisian (or close to it), with intimate knowledge of the city.
• Fluent in English.
• A sophisticated taste in design, interiors, food and cultural experiences.
• Sales and Business Development experience is a plus (but not a must).
• An unparalleled opportunity to become an expert in globalising start-ups: Not only will you lead the internationalisation of a VC backed business, but will be coached by some of the best.
• If you make your objectives happen, you will inevitably be one of the most sought out talents in launching new markets for start-ups and biz dev roles.
• Genuine influence and autonomy to build The Plum Guide in Paris while creating a blueprint for our expansion.
• Be one of the earliest team members of what we believe will be one of the most famous start-ups of the next 10 years.
• Be part of a passionate, friendly and transparent culture.
• Plenty of opportunities to grow into new roles.
• Competitive salary and options scheme: our ambitions are huge and we hope it pays out for all.