Apply directly on our platform through the web link
1 - Our vision
We have the vision that airports will be fully automatized in upcoming years, so that planes can land and takeoff with no human on ground. We will develop a solution gathering an artificial intelligence on a server to drive a fleet of robots.
Founded in 2018, OROK is a french startup supported by the prestigious Ecole Polytechnique. OROK also have a partnership with a ground handling sub-contractor named Onet Airport Services.
2 - The mission
OROK needs outdoor localization to move the robot on the tarmac. Your mission will be to add a GPS and gyrometer sensor to the robot. In details, the possible activities are :
- Understand the robot architecture, and learn to use it.
- Test the GPS router off-robot and read datasheet -Build off-robot rolling stand (collaboration with other interns)
- Implement an off-robot proof of concept
- Integrate the GPS router on the robot (driver)
- Test on robot and debug
- Research for gyroscope management algorithm
- Learn stm32 usage
- Interface gyroscope analysis code
- Tests on robot and debug
- If the internship duration is more than 4 months, we can go further. A startup is a very dynamic environment, we are open to all ideas, you will be part of our project after all !
3- Your profile
•1 or 2 applications coding experience (please provide source code)
•BAC+4 or above with embedded courses (transport industry, robotics)
•You already have a professional experience (internship, freelance)
•C or C++ dev
* Considered as a plus:
•Participation in a robotic contest and/or Robotics geek
•ROS and/or OROCOS framework knowledge
• Python and/or Linux and/or FreeRtos knowledge
* Soft Skills:
•Proactive and driving force, you can’t bear to stay inactive
•You want to work in a deep-tech start-up environment
This internship can be either in French or English. For Frenches, a minimum English level is required in order to understand all code & datasheets that are written in English. For other native languages, a good level of English is required.
4- The good things about this internship
•You will be supervised by an experienced embedded system architect with a specialization in mobile robotics.
•The full development is delegated, not only the boring stuff !
•Test your creations in real, this is not a simulation only internship !
•In a start-up like us, everyone is important, we will have time to take care of you
We need to build a team for the long run, every internship is an opportunity for a permanent job.